[DECtalk] licenses (fwd)

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Feb 23 14:03:26 EST 2023

Lifts hand from back of class.
Professor Kyle, I have a question?
How can code, any code, continue being developed, if no one knows who
holds the rights to that code?
Anyone else have an answer,  please share.
As a side example.
I sing professionally among other things.
Once I wrote different lyrics to a song recorded by the carpenter's called
"one more time," from the A kind of hush album.
To record my changes I had to illustrate I made an effort to get
permission from the copyright holder of the song at the time.
Comparatively, how does coding work instead?