[DECtalk] Permissions, Rights, etc. (was Re: Report of a successful use of dectalk with graphical Linux.)

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Feb 23 00:24:29 EST 2023

Hi Jayson,
My own apologies  to you, and the list for feeding Josh's fire as it were.
working down emails, only now reaching this one.
As I just  said to Kyle though, if locating a copyright holder, or there
representative can be done, I feel it might be possible to negotiate for
such   a set  of
licenses.
Many  of the larger repositories  for open source software, the Linux
foundation, the Mozilla foundation < makers of Firefox> are rooted in the
nonprofit sector in part for this reason.
There are simply too many rich avenues for the dectalk code for it to be
lost to time if that resonates.
Clearly Josh is not the person for this task though, speaking personally.
Karen