[DECtalk] decTalk on IOS with TestFlite beta app?

Don Text_to_Speech at GMX.com
Wed Nov 16 02:00:56 EST 2022

On 11/15/2022 11:52 PM, Karen Lewellen wrote:
> I have successfully replaced my reading edge, the source of my dectalk 4 times
> in the more than  20 years I have been using it.
> I daily manage books with effortless OCR abilities, as a part of my
> professional life.
> If memory serves, should I need it, service remains possible....but I have only
> needed it once.
> Sorry your  limited imagination cannot grasp that where there is will and
> ingenuity Don, there are solutions.

And I've repaired all of my TVs, at least once.  Regularly device both
cars.  Do plumbing, carpentry and electrical work.  In addition to
designing electronic circuits and writing software.  Do you think I
expect others to be able to do these things -- just because I
can do them, effortlessly?

YOU lack the imagination and experience to understand that YOU are not
representative of the vision impaired population.  Yet, you accused ME
of such arrogance?

Imagine a SIGHTED user losing their vision, late in life.  What solution
do you see for them?  Are you going to teach the 70-80 year old how
to use a screen reader?  Reading machine?  How patient do you think they
will be with that technology WHEN THEY HAVE NOT NEEDED IT for their
previous 70 years?

Instead, they will simply stop consuming visual materials.

Stop looking at the entire community as a reflection of yourself and
actually get out there and "sample" it!

Or, use your IMAGINATION!