[DECtalk] Looking for Rare Software Speech Synthesizers

Don Text_to_Speech at GMX.com
Mon Sep 13 07:00:21 EDT 2021

On 9/13/2021 2:13 AM, Alex Krier wrote:
> Hello. I'm trying to see if anyone has any rare software speech synthesizers
> (SAPI 4 or 5, but I also accept standalone ones as well). I'm not looking for
> human voices, I'm looking for more robotic ones (mainly formant or diphone). I
> have a few, like Infovox 230, ELAN Sayso/Tempo, LOGOX, and TruTalk. One synth
> I'd love to collect is one called FlexVoice, which was made by MindMaker, the
> same company who made the TruVoice version of TextAssist. Two ones that I'd
> also like to collect include CyberTalk by Panasonic, and Lucent TTS by AT&T
> Bell Labs (I also will collect any other rare synth (but not emulated ones like
> on MAME). If anyone has any of these software synths or other ones I'd be
> interested in, please contact me off-list. Thanks.

What is your goal in "collecting"?

Do you want to *use* them?

Evaluate their quality/performance?

Or, just claim to have a big collection?

Note that if you are collecting without intending to actually use
or evaluate, then there are many candidates that you can add to
your collection.

If, on the other hand, they actually have to be able to *speak*,
then you are limited to functional devices/products.