[DECtalk] Questions about old DECtalk DTC-01 and DTC-03 units

Aksel Leo Christoffersen aksel at blindsigtmail.dk
Sat Aug 3 18:08:55 EDT 2019

Hi,

I'm thinking of maybe buying a DECtalk DTC-01 or DTC-03, but I don't know
much about them, so I have some questions.

1: What do those units looks like. As I understand, they're sort of
external, and don't need to be installed in a computer, but is it something
like the DECtalk Express, or is it larger than that?

2: How is it possible to use them with modern Windows systems? I use the
DECtalk Express through serial with a serial to usb adapter, but can I do
sorth of the same thing with those units?

3: I know, that DECtalk DTC-01 is using version 2.0, or in some cases 1.8,
of DECtalk, but what version is DTC-03 using, and is it possible to hear a
sample of it somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards:

Aksel Christoffersen