[DECtalk] Dectalk 4.4 speak window

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Tue May 10 16:06:59 EDT 2011

Alex,
I tried your idea of setting DT 4.4 speak window to compatibility mode
Windows 98. That's great you got it to work on your system.  EN files still
won't open in the 4.4 speak window on my computer. Launching EN files used
to open Windows Media Center even thoughI set the association. Now,
launching EN files opens an Internet Explorer download file dialog. For me,
getting Windows 7 and DT 4.4 cooperating is frustrating.

This is why I think creating an installer to set up the file association
would be helpful. Either that, or as was mentioned before, create a speak
window from scratch.

To answer Johnny's question, DT 4.3 works on Windows 7. However, this
version has always had the limitaiton of only opening files called
demo.txt.Blake
Blake