[DECtalk] notes for some songs

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Sat Mar 29 10:21:25 EDT 2008

Um, excuse me, but I have permission from Fonix to put  Dectalk version 4.40
out in my software.  And no, I'm not above the law, I  just can never get any
answers.

You guys don't understand the ADA.  The ADA gives  the ok to put things in an
alternative format.  Dectalk is not a recording,  it's changeable coded text.
 So the Dectalk vocals without music is not a  problem.

But I ran into a very strange situation that I think  is insulting.  I am
trying hard to get permission and pay royalties on  stuff.  I'm learning that
computer vocals don't count as real singing,  therefore permission is not needed.
 That's  degrading!

I'm trying to write to Sandi Patty's manager because  I'm about to do a CD of
only her songs.  I'm getting no response at  all.  You can't imagine how low
I feel.  Heck, I just found my free  rubber stamp so I never ever have to pay
postage just because I'm  handicapped.  Laws are just so different for the
disabled that it makes me  sick.

SNOOPI BOTTEN

In a message dated 3/29/2008 1:25:18 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,