[DECtalk] DecTalk can speak Italian, but it's rediculous!!!

talksina talksina at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 05:27:29 EDT 2008

yes I know Microsoft synth, the Sam, Mary and Mike ones
and I noticed that the newer they are, the lesser funny effects they have.
For example, Loquendo - the Italian one - has pre-recorded effects and
phrases (kiss, laugh, cough, and so) and are very very similar to a
human voice but you cannot play with effects such as with Eloquence, or
the older Loquendo; well they just took the robotic voice away from the
site, so it cannot sing any longer at all!!!
The site is just an interactive demo, nothing different. And the real
problem is their aim is money, not research; these synths are created
for use in call centers and virtual assistant, yes they are SAPI5
compliant I used them with JAWS but it's crappy slow!
if you want to hear demos they are here
http://tts.loquendo.com/ttsdemo/default.asp