[DECtalk] o/t speech synthesizers

Raymond Grote musicalman1 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 10 11:59:59 EDT 2008

I actually don't like Lequendo. It's similar to AT&T. I like the individual
voices, but they sound kind of jerky and have a lot of trouble with certain
words and sentences.
I still favor AT&T's voices over other synths because it was the first ever
sample synth I discovered, each voice sounds like it was recorded
professionally, and there is quite a variety (I think eight US english
voices). But you can only try five of them in the interactive demo, which is
kinda sad since some of the voices sounded real nice.
The only synth I have on this computer which is even related to Loquendo is
Real Speak, which isn't nearly as responsive as Eloquence, but it is awesome
for reading long text documents (although I still favor Eloquence, after
having been using it for over seven years).