[DECtalk] Editing Dec-Talk Dictionary in Linux

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Mar 5 22:55:04 EST 2007

Hi All:  While this has nothing to do with singing, I hope if you please there
are solutions.  I have a Dec-Talk U S B unit from Access Technologies near
Sacramento.  When I had windows here, I had help from a gentleman who walked me
through flashing the unit.  After that the unit has more abreviations
supposedly in a dictionary.  Anyway, now I completely got rid of windows-and am
running Linux with Speakup as a screen-reader.
In the older hardware Dectalk, there were files on the hard-drive we could
edit.  There are some really anoying exceptions which I would love to delete,
such as
IN
inch
or
07-08-2005
July 8 2 thousand and 5
Since hardy any screen-readers in Linux have an exception dictionary, I hope
there are ways to edit through a file or the unit.
Right now, with speakup, I must run in rs232 mode.
Also, 1 last strange thing, lately, if I interrupt scrolling or change
consoles, I see a message:
rtc lost some interrupts 1024HZ
This message always appears near the bottom, line 24 or 25.
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Hart