[DECtalk] The drivers have gone, any ideas?

1nd0lent X x1nd0lent at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 30 10:49:03 EDT 2005

>From: Tony Baechler <tony at baechler.net>
>To: DECtalk Discussions <dectalk at jaybird.no-ip.info>
>Subject: Re: [DECtalk] The drivers have gone, any ideas?
>Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 07:23:41 -0700
>
>Hi.  One good source for the manual is
>ftp://jaybird.no-ip.info/pub/dectalk/.  Jayson can correct me if the url is
>wrong.

That URL doesn't work. AIIEEE!!!! It drives me batty knowing that the
drivers are out there, but that nobody seems to put them online. Even boards
of DECtalk users don't know. Software, especially drivers to expensive
hardware, should never be allowed to just disappear. I suspect that
companies get embarrassed by their old products and don't want prospective
consumers to stumble upon some product that they made fifteen years ago,
afraid they'll laugh. Especially if the ownership of the original business
has changed hands a few times...

If anybody finds the DECtalk ISA drivers for Windows NT - *please* let me
know.

Thanks!
CJ