[Blindapple] Simple accessible GUI

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri Jul 21 11:35:32 EDT 2017

Hi all,

I have a few things to mention and wanted opinions of the group. I'm sorry
I've been absent for weeks at a time. I've had a lot going on. I doubt if
I'll have a lot of time soon, so be patient if my replies take a while. This
is the first of a few messages to keep things more organized.

I'm working on a simple accessible GUI for the emulator, either MESS or
MAME. I'm mostly writing it for myself, but it might help others. The
problem I have is that most disks have very long filenames and are a pain to
type, even with a batch file and tab completion. My thought is to use the
standard Windows file dialog to let you pick which disk goes in which drive.
Obviously, it's Windows only for now. If nothing else, it saves typing. I
also hope to let you pick what saved state you want. I have two problems.
First, what should I call it? I'm looking for name suggestions. Second, I'll
need testers, but not for a while. I'll post here when I have something that
works. Is there already an accessible GUI out there?