[Blindapple] Need More Ideas

Brandon Cross bcross3286 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 11 21:51:28 EDT 2017

So the disk i have made and put up. Thinking of ideas to make it better,
new things to add, etc. I have added a little thing on the hello program
asking you if you want to speed up speech, if you answer yes, it does so
and cuts to the prompt, same for if you say no, just keeping the same rate,
if you put something that isn't either one, it says nope, and puts you back
in to the loop.

I wanted to make it so you could use commas and stuff in the speaker and
phoneme programs, I did find the ascii code for a quote, and I added that
to a var, and made a concatinated string of quote, the contents of your
variable, end quote. That doesn't work, and in fact only surrounds the text
in quotes, without allowing you to use commas, it still sees the commas as
delimiters. So looks like that's out.
One thing I want to do, and I think I just have to find the stuff and get
down to it is, I want to be able to create text files and read from them
into phonemes.

We're stretching my coding capacity pretty near its limits though. It would
be cool to find a word processor that's not bloated, and would fit on the
disk, without taking the entire thing up. You could then write phonemes
into the text file, and use another program to recall each line, speaking
it out.

What other things might be cool Learning about how this works is pretty
fascinating.