[Blindapple] Announced this list on C.S.A2

Aaron Howell aaron at kitten.net.au
Tue Aug 2 20:59:34 EDT 2005

Hi there,
Yes, this can be done.
You need someone (probably the company through whom you register your domain),
to act as a primary and secondary dns server for you.
(You can't do this yourself, since you have no way of updating the glue records in the dns for your primary and secondary,
and you can't make those CNAMES, this is the only part you can't host yourself though).
Then, you make www.blindapple.org a CNAME for jaybird.no-ip.info,
and also point the MX for blindapple.org at jaybird.no-ip.info
(with a backup mx pointing somewhere else, if appropriate).
Then on your machine you configure your web server to answer requests for www.blindapple.org
and point directly at the blindapple pages (hint: if its apache, use an appropriate DocumentRoot statement inside a <VirtualHost> section.)
and finally, configure your mail server so that it recognizes blindapple.org as a local domain.
(This varies greatly from mail server to mail server, but your documentation will help).
That's pretty much it.
(I'm assuming since you managed to set up your own domain already that this should be fairly clear to you, if its not, feel free to ask questions).
Regards
Aaron