[Blindapple] Doubletalk LT

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Thu Dec 2 14:59:38 EST 2004

Hi,
I assume you're talking about the Doubletalk Lite?  This is a serial speech
synthesizer.  I think when you turn it on it says "Doubletalk Ready".  As
far as I know, there is no way to use it with Textalker.  It is designed to
be used over a serial port, such as with a DOS or Windows screen reader.
You could probably use it as a talking printer on an Apple or something, but
as far as I know, nobody ever wrote a program for the Apple to use a remote
serial device as a speech synthesizer.  Hope this helps.
Also, the Doubletalk products are made by RC Systems, not Raised Dot.
Jayson.