[DECtalk] flush command

Andy Brown andrew.brown at cs.man.ac.uk
Fri May 26 05:14:50 EDT 2006

Thanks,

I've tried using [:flush all] without success.  I suspect (from other
stuff I've found on the web) that it's an issue with the Dectalk
version?

Andy.

On Fri, 26 May 2006 16:14:50 +0800
"Graham Pearce" <grahamwp at optusnet.com.au> wrote:

> Andy,
> I haven't done this kind of thing, but the [:flush] command seems to
do what you want. Here's the description from the manual, which > can be
found at: > ftp://ftp.planetmirror.com/pub/dectalk/text/manual.zip
> Look at the communic.txt file.
>
> COMMAND:                              [:Flush XX DD]
> OPTIONS (XX):
>        ALl :  Flush all text. (see the flush_text TSR command above)
>        Until : Flush until the specified index mark is found.
>        Mask : Flush until mask and index bit coincide.
>        AFter : Flush all text after index mark.
>        Speech : Flush all speaking but continues to process
> commands. This mode is ended by the enable ([:enable]) command.
> PARAMETERS (DD):                      Index mark value or mask
>                                       value
> DEFAULT:                              None
> EXAMPLES:                             [:flush after 193]
> This  command allows speech to be discarded. All pending but unspoken
> text is lost, including index markers that may have been sent by  the
> PC. This  command stops speech, even if DECtalk is  in the middle  of
> a sentence. Speech stops and all internal buffers are re-initialized.
> The flush command is asynchronous.
> Note: If a Ctrl K is used to flush text while in phonemic mode,   the
text  will  be  flushed but it may result in an  "error  in > phoneme"
message. >