[DECtalk] mod talker

Jayson Smith ratguy at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 18 05:10:20 EDT 2006

Hi,
First, SAPI isn't working for lots of blind folks, and the developers are
aware of this.  The funny thing is, they can get SAPI working just fine.  I
told Tim to download and install the Jaws demo and see if that makes Sapi
stop working.  Since lots of blind people are having problems, yet the
developers can use Sapi just fine, blindness related software could
certainly be a variable.
As for Invtool, please check out Invtutor which is available with the
program.  This is a series of web pages which should get you going.  As I've
always said, there's lots of mouse clicking required but thank God the
buttons are labeled.
To select the high-quality voice once it's installed, I haven't done this,
but go into Modeltalker, hit Alt+O then Enter for the Options dialog.  You
have to know what the voice database is called, maybe if there's
instructions for the voice it tells you.  Anyway, delete what's in the box
and type in the name of the new voice database.  Then mouse click on the Ok
button to put the setting into effect.
Hope this helps!
Jayson.