[DECtalk] Software DECtalk availability (was Re: using dectalk with orca in ubuntu)

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Sat Feb 3 22:37:02 EST 2024

Hi there,
May I ask a question about this?
As I understand it, the dectalk USB is a stand alone unit, like the
dectalk express.
Would this not men then that instead of compiling a dectalk voice, the
unit has one, you would need a driver for whatever screen reading program
involved  that could use a USB port?
A program equal to giving flexibility to the dectalk for navigation and the
like?