[DECtalk] Dectalk Archive Question

joshknnd1982 at gmail.com joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 15:31:57 EST 2023

And there are also now a lot more sapi5 decTalks that Jake has made. And I
am also currently involved in trying to get the source code for bestSpeech
multilingual tts created by Michael O'Malley, or at the very least perhaps
some speak windows that Michael may possibly have. Most of you know
bestSpeech tts by another name, though. Keynote gold and similar pulsedata
international humanware products. But humanware just took bestSpeech and
renamed it to Keynote probably to keep it in line with their "key" line of
hardware and software products. BestSpeech was made by Michael O'Malley back
in 1987 though. And according to the computer chronicles video I found on
the internet archive, bestSpeech sounded a bit more like an audapter, at
least the first version of it did. But don't get your hopes up. We may or
may not get source code for bestSpeech and we may or may not be able to get
speak windows for it either. I am in touch with Michael O'Malley the
original creator of bestSpeech tts, through phone and email so we'll have to
wait and see what he can find, if anything.