[DECtalk] User dictionary

joshknnd1982 at gmail.com joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 24 14:40:07 EST 2023

Yes espeak is very good. I made it even better with the extra klatt6
variants I got from guillem. And if I set the inflection to 30 and use
espeak antonio2, a new klatt6 variant, or espeak glenn, another new klatt6
variant or espeak betty, a klatt6 female variant, espeak sounds great and I
can use it for days and days at a time. And if you remove most of the
languages and just keep you're your favorite languages and variants espeak
is small enough to fit on an old floppy disk, but then so is decTalk. And
now we're at the point that with good enough hardware or by using an online
service we can clone people's voices with just a few seconds of a recording
of them speaking, and then make them say whatever we want by using google
colab or eleven labs websites. It's a long way from votrax back in the early
1980s or even echo speech, echo from street electronics and apple II-e.