[DECtalk] Building DECtalk

Aksel Leo Christoffersen aksel at blindsigtmail.dk
Fri Feb 24 13:51:34 EST 2023

Hi,

I've been looking at the DECtalk repository over at:

https://github.com/dectalk/dectalk

I am interesting in trying the latest revition of DECtalk, to find out how
it sounds, and try developing 22 KHz version, so I am guessing the way to
that is to build. I've red the instructions in the readme, but given that I
have no experience with Visual Studio, or GitHub in general, they don't make
much sense to me, after the part about installing Visual Studio.

I also tried downloading and running some Windows binnaries from the "latest
release" page, but I just get an error that VCRUNTIME140D.dll is missing
from the computer, which I'm guessing is related to Visual Studio.

What do I do?

Thank you, and kind regards:

Aksel Christoffersen