[DECtalk] DECTalk licensing etc

joshknnd1982 at gmail.com joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 23 07:31:52 EST 2023

I'll see what I can find on google.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dectalk <dectalk-bounces at bluegrasspals.com> On Behalf Of Tom Kopec
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2023 5:50
To: dectalk at bluegrasspals.com
Subject: [DECtalk] DECTalk licensing etc

Well, that discussion over in the other thread certainly spiraled out of
control..

I don't have a lot to add, except to note that the authors of the code (of
which I am one) and/or random ex-FONIX employees don't necessarily have any
authority to re-license the code - no matter how much they might want to.

As far as I know, Epson is still making the DECTalkV5-based S1V30120 speech
chip, so rumors of DECTalk's demise may be greatly exaggerated.

Exactly where the IP and licensing rights landed with FONIX's twists and
turns is not clear to me.

I Am Not A Lawyer, so YMMV.

Be well,

...tek