[DECtalk] DECTalk licensing etc

Tom Kopec w1pf at comcast.net
Thu Feb 23 05:50:19 EST 2023

Well, that discussion over in the other thread certainly spiraled out of
control..

I don't have a lot to add, except to note that the authors of the code
(of which I am one) and/or random ex-FONIX employees don't necessarily
have any authority to re-license the code - no matter how much they
might want to.

As far as I know, Epson is still making the DECTalkV5-based S1V30120
speech chip, so rumors of DECTalk's demise may be greatly exaggerated.

Exactly where the IP and licensing rights landed with FONIX's twists and
turns is not clear to me.

I Am Not A Lawyer, so YMMV.

Be well,

...tek