[DECtalk] It's time to bust some DECtalk myths

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Mon Sep 19 23:05:42 EDT 2022

Well Chime,
One solid point already made is that speakup does not seem to write
drivers for  all the synthesizers listed as being supported.
Speaking personally, not being able to have one in hand for  suitable
testing   feels like the issue, one cannot create a generic dectalk
browser, and expect full screen reader function.
Was certainly how the  several quality DOS screen readers worked, even
tinytalk had individual drivers for the  synthesizers.
Kare