[DECtalk] It's time to bust some DECtalk myths

Chime Hart chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Mon Sep 19 22:43:34 EDT 2022

Hi Karen: This DecTalk unit only has windows software. Maybe 2years ago we did
a firm  ware update of the unit, but that was done on my Wife's windows7
machine. The folks selling this unit are not so familliar with Linux. My
comment about the laptop was basicly I would write down commands to type in my
desktop machine while Speakup was off. As to your other question, I am not sure
if there are com ports as we were used to in DOS. I certainly could be wrong.
Chime