[DECtalk] It's time to bust some DECtalk myths

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Mon Sep 19 22:19:54 EDT 2022

chime,
Have been following this thread, although behind on posts.
You are running Linux. Is there any command line program that lets you send
text to an identified port?
Think of say como or procom which  let you type well anything, sending it
to  a com port.
I am guessing this is the goal, making sure the unit functions on its own.
If you use a laptop, wise idea as entirely outside of the speakup
environment, could you do the text outside of Linux as well?
Someone referenced firmware as Well, do you know which is loaded on your
dectalk USB, and if another  came into existence later?
Kare