[DECtalk] It's time to bust some DECtalk myths

Aksel Leo Christoffersen aksel at blindsigtmail.dk
Sun Sep 18 02:40:11 EDT 2022

Hi Jake and everyone,

I think some record must have been set on number of mails on this list in short time, haha.

Jake, great work. Personally, I would be interested in all the versions compiled for Windows, but I guess that would maybe be a little too much.

I haven’t tried the nvda-addon yet, because I’m running a too old version of NVDA, but it would be interesting to see if it would work, if you copy the new dll and dic files into the old Singing DECtalk add-on, and ten use Blake’s steps to get it to work.

I also found out that the dll’s from the new nvda-addon also works with speak.exe, if you just rename them to dectalk.dll. I am currently working on building an installer with all the available DECtalk versions as speak windows, boath international and just US english. Without the new version, there are 17 versions so fare, a version with more languages counted as one version.

Kind regards:

Aksel Christoffersen