[DECtalk] DECTalk command processing in NVDA add-on

Blake Roberts BEarlRoberts at aol.com
Sat Sep 17 17:18:07 EDT 2022

Josh is correct. Another list member pointed out same thing to me
off-list. In my initial posting, I had also forgotten about the
underline symbol. For clarity and easier comprehension of steps, here
are the steps again with additional details.

1. Open your NVDA menu and select "Preferences".
2. Select "punctuation/symbol pronunciation" and press enter.
3. In "symbols" list, find the left bracket.
4. Change "level" combo box to most. Set "send actual symbol to
synthesizer" combo box to always.
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 for the right bracket, underline and colon.
Press enter
when done.

Blake