[DECtalk] decTalk express emulator

joshknnd1982 at gmail.com joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 15:08:15 EST 2022

Hi

I'm not sure if this was posted about before on this list but I don't think
it was. Jake made a decTalk express emulator. To use it you may need the
64bit version of com0com depending on your version of windows. It lets your
computer think that a real decTalk express hardware speech synthesizer is
connected to your computer but in reality it emulates a decTalk express
using a softward decTalk dll on a virtual serial port with com0com. This
lets jaws use a decTalk express or rather some software decTalk but jaws
thinks it is using a real decTalk express. Also works with screen readers in
talking dosbox set up for use with a decTalk express. The link is:

https://keybase.pub/datajake1999/Grossgang/tts/dectalk%20software%20and%20ma
nual/dtemu.zip