[DECtalk] decTalk on IOS with TestFlite beta app?

Don Text_to_Speech at GMX.com
Tue Nov 15 17:12:48 EST 2022

On 11/15/2022 1:45 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
> that's not a very good analogy. What it is like is, is it illegal or would
> it be illegal if I walked into your house with a matter replication device,
> and I started making exact duplicates of everything you owned, and then took
> them back to my house and used the duplicate objects as if they were mine?
> Think about it, as if what, if we had the ability to copy any type of
> inanimate object just as easily as we can copy and paste from our computers?
> That's more so but it's like.    so the question is this, since I walked in
> to your house, and I didn't physically take anything, but rather, I
> duplicated everything you owned, and then I took it to my place and Eyes
> used it, did I really steal from you or not because you still own the
> original objects. I simply have an exact duplicate of the things in your
> house, they're just as good as your things they're just a solid, they're
> made of the same atoms and molecules in elements. There's simply an exact
> duplicate made from an advanced matter replication device. So did I really
> steal from you or not?

If I sleep with your wife -- but leave her at your home so you can have
"sloppy seconds" -- did I really steal anything from you?  POINT to the item
that I stole...

[Yet, the law recognizes that I can be prosecuted for "alienation of affection"
-- even though she *consented* to the act.  You can sure *her* for divorce
even though she hasn't "stolen" anything from you!]

The law protects things to which we ARBITRARILY assign value.  Presumably,
you're wife's body and affections are of value to you, her spouse, else
there's be no need for laws protecting those!

When/if a "matter replication device" appears, you can bet your ass
that the law will change to protect "owners" from "unwanted copying".
Which statue of David is the original?  Your copying actions have
diminished the value of MY legitimate original.  I want to be
compensated for that act.

Do you really think monied interests are going to sit by and NOT lobby
politicians for protections against such "thefts"?

How big is your illegal music collection?

Does Stevie Wonder make all of his music available to *blind* listeners
out of sympathy for their plight?  And, just charge *sighted* listeners?

You sound like someone who KNOWS they are doing something illegal and immoral
and is looking to justify his actions to others.

I bet you're a regular church-goer, too!

Tell Microsoft that you can freely, and with impunity, embed DOS in
a product "because it is 'abandoned'" (by YOUR definition of the
term).  They will happily send their lawyers over for "proper
introductions".

I worked with a non-profit GIVING AWAY computers to "needy people
and organizations".  We *still* had to approach MS for valid licenses
to install their "obsolete" products on those machines.