[DECtalk] decTalk on IOS with TestFlite beta app?

Don Text_to_Speech at GMX.com
Tue Nov 15 15:36:45 EST 2022

On 11/15/2022 10:32 AM, Will Prestwich wrote:
> In my opinion - If you try using dectalk code in your app you would be in
> for a world of litigious pain.

The more insidious thing is that you will never know when/if you're
in trouble; you can be served papers after 1,000 folks have "received stolen
goods" by your efforts (and "damages" proportional to 1,000 thefts sought!).

It's unlikely that the litigant will be willing to settle for you
"giving back" all of that technology; you've already made use of it!

When I design products for people, one of the first things I put in my
contracts is that they will indemnify me ("hold harmless") from any
lawsuits that *my* work might bring about.  E.g., if I unknowingly
use a patented idea and THEY get sued, the buck stops with *them*!