[DECtalk] decTalk 4.41 through 4.6 sapi5

Don Text_to_Speech at GMX.com
Tue May 3 01:25:16 EDT 2022

On 5/1/2022 10:29 PM, Jayson Smith wrote:
> I have to strongly disagree, I think 4.3 sounded the best of all the software
> versions of DECtalk I ever heard. My favorite DECtalk version was probably
> 4.2CD but as far as I know that was never made available in software form, but
> only as software/firmware for various hardware models.

I find it frustrating that folks make such subjective claims without explaining
WHY it sounds better.

I realize this is often hard to put a finger on.  But, as a developer, knowing
the criteria that folks use to make these decisions goes a long way to guiding
development efforts.  I.e., why "waste time" on some aspect that folks don't
consider important?