[DECtalk] decTalk 4.41 through 4.6 sapi5

William Prestwich william.prestwich at gmail.com
Mon May 2 01:42:08 EDT 2022

Hi all,
With all this recent discussion, now might be the time to ask if anyone has
had another crack at getting the source code to compile in modern systems?
Work has been done at https://github.com/dectalk/source to varying success.

I had made a number of edits to the makefiles to get them to compile in
linux. The source does compile but when attempting to use dectalk you are
immediately presented with a segfault.
There's potential to get it to build in windows also (which I have very
little experience with) - in fact you might have a better chance of getting
it to work in Windows than Linux...
If anyone with experience in this would like to get involved please let me
know.

Wil