[DECtalk] legality of decTalk

Karen Lewellen klewellen at shellworld.net
Thu Dec 1 15:37:28 EST 2022

Hi Josh,
I have known Mike for years, and while he he is many things, he is not a
lawyer.
I am not disputing your story in any way.
If Roger, who I assume is the person who wrote dectalk code does not care,
he can put this in writing.
securing this will not be hard, if indeed Roger does not care, especially,
unless you recorded that conversation, hearsay will likely carry little
legal protection.
Mike  did not build those dectalk units, the only sells them.
still, what harm  will it do to have Roger put in writing that he gives
full permission for whomever to develop the dectalk code.  That said
party can freely distribute the code as they wish, and that Roger
relinquishes all future writes to the code hence forth?
Just a thought, better written then questioned later.
Karen