[DECtalk] using decTalk speak windows with screen readers

joshknnd1982 at gmail.com joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 13:20:18 EDT 2022

Hi

What screen readers and techniques do you use when you are using the decTalk
speak windows applications in order to change voice parameters such as
changing the voice, speed and pitch? 20 to 25 years ago the jaws cursor saw
the buttons as graphics. The jaws scripts no longer work. Or does NVDA work
best with the decTalk speak windows?  I have both jaws and NVDA installed.
Once the NVDA decTalk addon breaks and if nobody updates it, all I will have
left, to use decTalk, will be the little speak applications. And I don't
feel like scripting so if one of the jaws or NVDA cursors will let me change
voices, pitch and speed and other parameters that will be fine for me. Just
have to know which cursor with which screen reader will work best with these
old applications on my windows11 laptop?

And also I found a decTalk 4.2 speak window on the internet archive vintage
software collection.

Josh