[DECtalk] Finding Klatt Parameters for Phonemes

Don Text_to_Speech at GMX.com
Sat Mar 20 03:50:11 EDT 2021

On 3/19/2021 11:07 PM, Brandon Tyson wrote:
> I'm looking at NV SpeechPlayer as I'd like to get it working with US English
> instead of UK English.
>
> I've done some research and cannot seem to find a good source for where to
> get phoneme data.
>
> I've read that SpeechPlayer gets most of its data from the PyKlatt project,
> but it looked like it was just an interface to Klatt when I took a look at
> it.
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows where I could find some of these parameters
> by chance?
>
> Thank you very much for your time and I look forward to any input you may
> have.

The MITalk documentation describes the amplitudes, gains, formant frequencies
and bandwidths that DHK used in that version of the synthesizer (for *his*
voice).  No idea where they may have ended up as the design evolved nor how
they were changed for other voices.

[But, that's what I used as a starting point for my first synthesizer]

Or, have I misunderstood your need?