[DECtalk] decTalk addon and NVDA 2021.1?

Blake Roberts BEarlRoberts at aol.com
Tue Jul 6 16:38:39 EDT 2021

Josh,

I posed the same question to the list a few weeks ago, as documented in
this Dectalk list archive message.

https://bluegrasspals.com/pipermail/dectalk/2021-June/005452.html

I have not received a response from anyone about whether a compatible
version of the Dectalk add-on(s) will be made available for use with
NVDA 2021.1. Part of my message on June 18 linked to above reads:

"Since the person who helped create a Python 3-compatible version of the
Dectalk add-on chooses to be anonymous, I am not able to write to the
author. Perhaps an NVDA expert on this Dectalk list could create a
version of the Dectalk add-on which is compatible with NVDA 2021.1."

I cannot create such add-on myself because I don't have the necessary
knowledge or programming experience. If a compatible Dectalk add-on for
NVDA 2021.1 can be created, I would still like to use it. The existing
add-on is only usable up to NVDA versions released in 2020.

Blake