[DECtalk] Dectalk new mail sound

Blake Roberts BEarlRoberts at aol.com
Thu Apr 8 23:37:31 EDT 2021

Hi,

After setting up my new AOL email account in the Thunderbird program, I
decided to make Dectalk be my new mail sound instead of downloading the
AOL guy recording. Fortunately, I had the attached Dectalk new mail
notification sound in my collection of synthetic recordings gathered
over years. As I recall, this file was created by Patrick Perdue two
decades ago. I'm sending to anyone who might want Dectalk to announce
new email and did not have this sound file already. Personally, hearing
Dectalk sing "you've got mail" is more fun to listen to compared to the
AOL narrator....