[DECtalk] dectalk.dll from dictool

Brandon Tyson brandongold98 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 14:06:22 EDT 2020

Hi,

I'd be interested in that (a SAPI5). I was talking to Jake about all
this off list a couple days ago and this is really interesting to me,
how this all works.

I'll have to take a look at those audio files.

Thanks,

On 6/25/20, Jake Gross <datajake at gmail.com> wrote:
> Since the DECtalk addon hasn't been updated to work with the latest
> NVDA, it won't work with NVDA. Since this version of dectalk.dll
> depends on a runtime DLL, the addon would have to also be modified so
> it can locate the runtime DLL.
> As for SAPI5, It might be possible to modify the SAPI5 interface to
> interface with dectalk.dll rather than have DECtalk staticly linked in
> sapi5.dll. This would make it possible to use a sapi5 version of any
> dectalk.dll.
>

> On 6/25/20, Isaac <bigikemusic at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi, is there any possibility to either make this work with a screen reader
>> through sapi or as an addon with nvda.

>>> 5.0, but it sounds more like version 4.3. That is interesting.

--
“Be what you are. This is the first step towards becoming better than you are.”
– J. C. Hare & A. W. Hare