[DECtalk] dectalk.dll from dictool

Jake Gross datajake at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 04:00:43 EDT 2020

Hi,
I noticed their was a version of dectalk.dll that came with the
dictool program that was included with DECtalk Reader 1.
I couldn't get it to work initially, because it Required the Microsoft
Visual Studio 2008 Debug runtime. I copied the dll, a dictionary, and
speak.exe to my Windows XP virtual machine with Visual Studio 2008,
and I rendered the classic vermont.txt with this version of DECtalk.
I was quite surprised with the output. the dll  identifies itself as
version 5.0, but it sounds more like version 4.3. That is interesting.
Jake