[DECtalk] decTalk and speech-fx-inc

Josh Kennedy joshknnd1982 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 17:51:12 EDT 2019

Hi,
Rodger dudly got back to me when I asked him about decTalk licenses. He said the following:
1. Speech-fx-inc owns all versions of decTalk.
2. If I want a legal version of decTalk that can be purchased as a good NVDA-addon, sapi5, and speak-window-apps, I have to contact a decTalk licensee or license holder.
The issue here is all the companies that sold decTalk either don’t exist or do not sell it anymore in any form. So its like speech-fx owns something that nobody uses anymore and is just sitting on the copyright saying he owns it. I don’t think there is any license holders for the decTalk software dll files anymore because they 1. Stopped selling all forms of the product and 2. All companies who sold decTalk access32 went out of business or got swallowed up by other bigger companies.

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10