[DECtalk] some decTalk multilingual questions

Brandon Tyson brandongold98 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 14:29:51 EDT 2019

On 7/12/19, Josh Kennedy <joshknnd1982 at gmail.com> wrote:
> hi
> I obtained and installed the various decTalk multilingual addons version
> 4.6.1 from grossgang.com website. but they will not load in the latest NVDA.
> How do I get them to load? other decTalk versions load fine. To do that, you need to install the Windows SDK of DecTalk from http://theflameofhope.co/dectalkreader1
also, how do I
> raise the volume? DecTalk seems a bit quiet and there is no volume control
> in the voices dialog. Lastly, is there a good reliable sapi5 decTalk that
> works good and does not crash? I am using windows 10 32bit on RCA cambio
> tablet, intel atom z8350 processor, 2gigs ram, windows10 32bit home version. Unfortunately I haven't found a way to change the volume.
In that same package that you downloaded, when you run setup.exe from
the main directory, there's a checkbox that says SAPI 5.0 SDK.

To find it:
1. Extract the zip file.
2. Run setup.exe from the main directory.
> I want to play around with decTalk multilingual and a sapi5 decTalk if
> possible.
> Also where can I get the decTalk speak windows? I believe these are on http://bluegrasspals.com/decsoftware and there might be more on http://grossgang.com

Thanks,

Brandon

--
“Be what you are. This is the first step towards becoming better than you are.”
– J. C. Hare & A. W. Hare