[DECtalk] DECTalk 5 (Sapi) Thank you, and please help

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Sun Jul 19 08:39:34 EDT 2015

I'm wondering the same thing. When a technology such as Dectalk is no longer
being developed, does that mean it will eventually become public domain in
copyright terms after a period of years? It is my understanding that Fonix
lost interest in Dectalk because they developed Fonixtalk, but I expect they
still owned the Dectalk copyright at the time of their bankrupcy. Fonixtalk,
based in part on Dectalk, was still being marketed as of 2013. See this
article:

http://www.orbitresearch.com/news_details.php?id=9

Apparently, according to the article,  Fonixtalk was acquired by a company
called SpeechFX. However, I have no idea if that company also owns the
rights to Dectalk.

Blake