[DECtalk] Think I fixed the bouncing problem

Jayson Smith jaybird at bluegrasspals.com
Tue Jul 22 18:34:24 EDT 2014

Hello all,

Certain Email providers such as Yahoo, Hotmail, and Comcast, seem to
have suddenly implemented new policies which made specific types of
messages to this list bounce. I've upgraded the mailing list software on
my server and changed a setting, so this should now be fixed. You'll
probably notice that the From: line of list messages now looks a bit
different. This is a necessary consequence of the change required to
bring messages into compliance with these large providers' policies.

In short, whenever someone with an Email address at one of these
providers sent a message to the list, and the list would send the same
message to all the subscribers, when those providers saw a message which
appeared to be from their own domains, but wasn't coming from their
servers, they would reject the message. E.G. someone with a yahoo.com
address sends a message to the list. The list sends that message to
everybody. Suddenly, Yahoo is seeing messages which claim to be from
that yahoo.com address, but rather than coming from a Yahoo server,
they're coming from bluegrasspals.com. Understandably, Yahoo doesn't
like that. I've hopefully fixed this. Please let me know if you see
anything wrong/broken/weird as a result of this change.