[DECtalk] Dectalk hosting history

Blake Roberts beroberts at hughes.net
Wed Jul 11 08:18:06 EDT 2012

Back in 2002 or so, dectalk.com did not exist to my knowledge. All the
Dectalk files   of that time were hosted on a domain owned by someone named
Andre Louis.  Andre decided to delete all of the Dectalk files because he
considered the files a waste of server space, which I think occured sometime
between 2003-2005. Jayson Smith, owner of this list, decided to host
everything on his domain
www.bluegrasspals.com
The Dectalk files were hosted there until, as I recall, Jayson decided to
turn off public access to the files because massive downloading ate up too
much bandwidth. Jayson, correct me if my memory of events if faulty.
www.dectalk.com
Has hosted the files ever since. A lot of the Dectalk files are dated  2003
because that is when they were originally created or uploaded for archiving.
Blake