[DECtalk] how to do gender change in Dectalk?

ebruckert Bruckert edbruckert at gmail.com
Tue Jan 31 20:34:36 EST 2012

           two things, first say.exe supports a batch file, allowing you to
input a whole bunch of text files and store them into wave files. That is
also public domain it just is a DOS program that can be run by itself or by
batch file. source code is also available for anyone who wishes to write
their own without starting from scratch. If anyone wants a copy of the
source code let me know and I'll try and get
the source code to you. SnoopI, if you are presently using speak I think
you might like say much better large amounts of stuff you
are doing.
          Originally, every synthesizer had their own application
interface, so to support a different synthesizer you needed to have code
for each one in the screen reader. The purpose of SAPI was so that every
person could write to a single standard and support any synthesizer that
also supported SAPI. This is the blessing and the curse!