[DECtalk] Pronunciations

Jayson Smith ratguy at insightbb.com
Tue May 17 15:39:47 EDT 2011

Hi,

Here are a few entries to start with. Sorry I don't have phonemic texts for
these, just misspellings. I will indicate where the stress needs to be
placed, although it should be obvious. This is one reason we really need a
Speak window with keyboard shortcuts, so we can test phonemic
pronunciations. If possible, these should probably go into the main
dictionary shipped with the product, since these are actual
mispronunciations.

Fonix Phonnix
babysit baybeesit
babysat baybeesat
babydoll baybeedoll
Also applies to other compound words starting with "baby." These should, if
possible, take into account modifications, E.G. babysitter, babysitting.
kinda kynda
As in, "It's kinda cold out here."
bogeyman boogie man
bogeymen boogie men
These misspellings are two words, but don't need to sound like two words. In
both cases, the stress should of course be on the first syllable.
supernaturally super naturally
Another two-word misspelling. Stress of course on the third syllable.
hon hun
As in, "Hey hon, I brought you a hamburger."
gene jean
Jayson Jason
Although this one's personal, being my name.