[DECtalk] question about sapi dectalk

Alex H. linuxx64.bashsh at gmail.com
Sat May 7 11:43:50 EDT 2011

hi

 think dt 5 is probably public domain from the past track record like
4.x, and i browsed old messages on freelists from when the dt list was
hosted there, seems it was available to download at one time or
another from Fonix. The only reason fonix might want to stop people
from destributing the speak for 5  i can think of is to stop getting
request to purchase a discontinued product, or they just want to be
jerks which is more likely.

Personally, we should get 5 back int the public domain where it
belongs.  I doubt that will hapen though. ah, corporations..

back to the sapi dectalk, it is junk. I hope I have stated that enough.

alex