[DECtalk] Any news?

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Thu May 5 09:12:20 EDT 2011

Well if people are happy, that's all Blake and I care  about.

SNOOPI BOTTEN

In a message dated 5/5/2011 8:33:27 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
bmisch2002 at gmail.com writes:

i'm sure  it will work and stuff will be improved like i said for a screen
reader voice  it sounds ok. kind of sounds like Mobile speak on cell phones.

On May  5, 2011, at 6:51 AM, Raymond Grote wrote:

> Good idea.
> I  just wish we could all have confidence and get into the mind set that
>  there is another way and that it may just happen one of these days.

Dectalk.
>> And if version 4.40 is viewed as corrupted, there is no  hope if getting
>> anything right.
>>
>> So  because of this, I'm hoping the project gets scrapped because this
is
>> becoming in insult to Dennis Klatt.
>>

>> SNOOPI BOTTEN
>>
>> In a message dated  5/5/2011 12:31:35 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
>> bmisch2002 at gmail.com  writes:
>>
>> maybe you should send the demo file over to  the guys so they could hear
>> that
>> and how the other  voices sound.
>>
>> On May 4, 2011, at 10:10 PM, Alex H.  wrote:
>>
>>> I wouldn't give up just yet. All they need  to do is convince this guy
>>> that he's wrong and there is a  huge, huge difference in this version
>>> and the real 4.3  version. This new stuff reminds me of a early age
>>> FonixTalk or  something with a lot of excess nasal tones.
>>>
>>>  Alex

Ursula

From

Dectalk