[DECtalk] TEST

Dectalk at aol.com Dectalk at aol.com
Tue Jun 28 15:46:39 EDT 2011

Thank you Ed.  Just so you know, Corine was the  one that told me they were
using Klattalk default settings.  Then she  wanted to name it "Dectalk
Classic".

Here is my own opinion.  If this SAPI sings and  only if it sings, then put
it out.  Maybe I'm out of line, but I have  worked with Dectalk since 1989,
I was instrumental in Corine even trying to  create a SAPI, and if I am
going to be a part of doing the dictionary, I want it  to sing!

Yes I sing with it, but I'm not the only one.   And if it doesn't sing,
please don't ask me to do the dictionary.  How can  you cut off a part of who I
am and then want my help?  I can't, and it's  not right for anyone to
expect me to.

If the SAPI won't sing, please put it to rest.   Too many people have
gotten awards for what they have done with Dectalk.  I  alone have gotten the Da
Vinci Award.  This is all thanks to Dennis  Klatt.  If there is ever a
museum of Dennis's work, I dream of having my  CDs in that museum because people
like me are an end result of his fine  dream.

Kill the singing, you kill the legacy, not only for  today, but for all
futures generations.  And, I won't be able to do more  CDs.  Yes, today I have
the speak Window, but what about tomorrow.  If  vu take away my music, you
are telling me and others like me to go  away.

I'm sorry, but as cold as this sounds, if this SAPI  won't sing, please go
away.  I believe in my heart that Dennis would want  this to sing.  I sing
with it every day of my life, I give concerts, I am  his dream.  I went past
anything  he ever dreamed of and I have raised  the bar.  Take away the
singing, and you take away the bar and  the  dreams for the next generation.
Nothing on Earth is colder than  that.

SNOOPI BOTTEN

In a message dated 6/28/2011 2:37:50 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,